How to Setup and Install MetaMask on Mobile. With over one million monthly active users across all supported devices and browsers, MetaMask is one of the most popular cryptocurrency wallets on the market. It’s completely free to use, and it lets you connect to and interact with any Web3 website or application. If you wish to use decentralized exchanges, you should learn how to use a wallet such as MetaMask. We’ll show you how to install and set up MetaMask on iOS and Android devices in this post.
Please keep in mind that depending on which browser you use, these instructions may differ significantly. You may still use these steps to learn how to install and set up MetaMask on Mobile, regardless of the browser you use.
How to Setup and Install MetaMask on Mobile
- From Google Play or the App Store, download and run the MetaMask app.
- To begin, click the “Get Started” button.
- Create a password for your wallet by selecting “Create a Wallet.”
- Your Secret Backup Phrase should be written down, stored, or memorised.
- Check your Secret Backup Phrase to make sure it’s correct.
- How To Setup MetaMask On PC? Here’s How | Best Way
The First Steps
On every supported browser, MetaMask has an on-screen setup guide for all users. To complete the setup process, follow the instructions, read the agreements, and click “I Agree.”
Make Your Own Wallet
Creating a wallet is the first step in getting started with MetaMask. Select “Create a Wallet” from the drop-down menu. After that, you’ll need to generate a password with at least eight characters to log in to the browser extensions or add-on.
Backup Secret Phrase
Your Secret Backup Phrase allows you to quickly backup and recovers your account. It is made up of twelve words that are arranged in a specific order. It’s critical to memorize this, write it down on a piece of paper, and save it in a secure location, or use a password manager to store it.
It will be difficult to restore your account without your Secret Backup Phrase. For increased security, you can download the phrase and save it on an external encrypted hard drive or storage device. It is not recommended that you copy and paste it into a notepad and save it to your desktop. Someone can quickly log in to your computer if it is stolen, hacked, or if the file is discovered.
When you’ve successfully stored your Secret Backup Phrase, confirm it on the following on-screen request. This step guarantees that you have the correct phrase in case your account needs to be restored. Click the “All Done” button after you’ve confirmed your Secret Backup Phrase. You’ve now connected to the Ethereum Mainnet and generated a MetaMask wallet.
That concludes the How to Setup and Install MetaMask on Mobile, iOS, and Android tutorial.
How you can your ethereum address in your MetaMask
After you’ve installed MetaMask in your browser and finished the basic setup, go to the toolbar and click the MetaMask extension or add-on icon. If you’re on a mobile device, simply open the app. You should now see the MetaMask interface, with a series of numbers and letters under “Account 1” near the top of the window. That is your Ethereum address, which you can copy to your clipboard by clicking on it.
Under the same account, you can establish an unlimited number of Ethereum addresses. To do so, go to the top right of the interface and click the circle icon (or the top middle on mobile). Choose the Create Account option, enter a name for the account, then click the Create button. A new account has a new Ethereum address that is unique to it. Toggle between these by selecting your account under My Accounts and clicking on the same circle symbol.
How to Sync Metamask Between Different Devices
- You can sync your wallets across various devices with MetaMask. Follow these steps to sync your MetaMask mobile app with your MetaMask browser extension or add-on:
- Log in to MetaMask using your favourite browser.
- To open the interface, click on the MetaMask icon in the browser toolbar, then on your icon in the top right.
- Go to “Advanced” and select “Sync with Mobile” from the “Settings” menu. A QR code should appear.
- Open the MetaMask app on your phone.
- Select “Sync or Import” from the drop-down menu, then “Scan QR code.”
- Use your MetaMask mobile app to scan the QR code.
You must be logged into your MetaMask account in order to view the “Sync with MetaMask extension” option on your mobile device. To make the choice appear, log out or delete your current account.